Monday, January 15, 2018

Still not Weaving

I'm not sure why I can't seem to get clear pictures on the blog but here goes!
I gave away this quilt last night. The baby is well over a year old but I didn't know about him til Christmas! So this was a rush job. It's 50 x 60 inches.
More Berenstain bear fabric.

I'm sorry you can't get more of it!
The back of this one is bugs.
The other quilt I finished is about 40 x 50. It's going to Alberta for the grandbaby of a cousin. Baby's not due til about March but I don't want to wait that long. The couple decided not to know the sex before birth so I wanted the blanket to be unisex.
Either one can use the quilt. Blues and pinks all together.
Even the bottom blocks cover the bases. If you look very carefully, you can see pins in the big blocks. I haven't free motion quilted that area yet. It's on my list for today.
The back is the overall print we all remember from the books.
Last night the father of the quilt recipient told me he remembered the books from when  he was young. He's going to have to read them to his son! 
I love books and helping spread the love of books while also keeping them warm is a win win deal!
That makes 3 finished quilts using the Berenstain Bear fabric with more waiting to be finished. 
I'll get back to weaving soon but I first need to finish the bookkeeping from last year and decide what the plan is for this year!!
Until next week, keep weaving! 
Carol 

1 comment:

LA said...

Great idea! Cuddle up under a quilt while you read the stories!!!