Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tell and Show



 Sometimes weaving involves other skills besides warping a loom!!!  Polly has many skills, and she is often called on to help us out of sticky situations...like today!





  Carol likes to use paper to pack a warp on the back of a loom.  But...Carol is NOT here....and I am!!  I don't like paper...I like sticks!  I looked high and low for sticks to use on the table loom for Sara, and the ones I found were either too long or too short.  That's where Polly came to the rescue!  (I'm sure that by this point, Sara was ready to strangle me!)  She trimmed some longer sticks a few inches so they would fit on the table loom, and we were off and running.  You can see that Sara is threading the loom, and will probably finish that next week!!!!

                                                                                    




   Speaking of warps....the warp on Alyce's loom came off this afternoon!  She was so excited!!!  She's already talking about getting on one of the Pups....there's nothing quite like weaving on a floor loom!!!!  (I remember that excitement...do you?)





Whooooshhhh!!!!

That lovely woolen shawl deserves a dramatic entree!!!

This is Tina's handspun--handwoven shawl that is just too wonderful for words.









  And, speaking of lovely shawls, take a look at Marie's bamboo shawl.  It sure was the hit of the greet and meet this morning!
  Our Studio was visited by the Leadership class of Anderson County earlier today, and this shawl was tried on by many admirers.  I was sure it would be sold before they left!!!  (I wouldn't be surprised to hear that one of them comes back later to buy it!)



  Talk about showing off other skills....take a look at Bonnie's quilt top that she finished this summer. 
STUNNING!!!

We are so lucky to have this group...and what talented folks we have!

Come visit......

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Wat a wonderful Tuesday! That quilt IS stunning as are both the shawls.
She'll love a wolf pup!

Sharon said...

I would love to come visit! I laughed out loud at the paper/stick comment. I *hate* sticks, hate having to continually insert them. I'm a paper girl myself. Apparently my cat is too because she loves to chew it up as it unreels from the back beam :-)

UplayOnline said...

That quilt IS stunning as are both the shawls.


หีฟิต